A champignon de Paris, or a Paris mushroom, is nothing but a plain ol' white button mushroom. I love them cooked, but raw, they taste fresh with a texture like nothing else, and are prone to just guzzling up flavor. The Paris Mushroom Salad is light but meaty and earthy at the same time, punctuated with bright lemon and parsley. It's one of my favorite salads of all time because no one ever sees it coming.
For more french recipes made modern and fresh like this one check out the Amazon Kindle Blog, “French Revolution“!
Paris Mushroom Salad with Lemon, Parsley, and Parmesan
1 1/2- to 2-ounce chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
9 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, wiped clean
The zest of 1 lemon
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fit your food processor with the thin slicer attachment.
- Push the Parmigiano-Reggiano through first, then the parsley, and then the mushrooms.
- Remove the slicing disc, and put a serving plate over the food processor bowl. Invert the bowl, so the mushroom salad comes out with the mushrooms on the bottom and the Parmesan on top.
- Zest the lemon over the salad and top with cracked black pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and salt until emulsified.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve right away.