If variety is the spice of life you are in for a real treat with this Red Thai Coconut Curry Chicken recipe! Contrary to popular belief, low-carb diets do not have to be boring. It’s time to think outside of the bun-less burger box and start experimenting with some new flavors and spices! Curry is an exotic spice that can be daunting to those who don’t have experience with it; however it is well worth the risk!
My Red Thai Coconut Curry Chicken recipe is not only low-carb but it has a good dose of healthy fats from coconut oil and milk. Not only does coconut milk dulcify the curry, but it adds a creamy, smooth texture to the sauce. I am content to serve this dish with a side of steamed broccoli, but really your options are endless. This would be great to serve with lettuce wraps or over riced cauliflower. If you are not eating low-carb, serve it over jasmine rice or better, over brown rice.
Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 c coconut milk
2 tsp lime juice
1/4 c chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chopped onion in coconut oil until the white parts of the onions are almost transparent
- Add curry powder and cook 30 seconds more
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is approximately half done
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice, cook until chicken is cooked through
- Continue to simmer a bit longer until sauce has thickened