This savory Tuscan Style Baked Chicken is a quick and easy dinner that’s good enough to serve to guests. The recipe calls for chicken quarters, but you can make it with boneless, skinless chicken if you prefer. I used a Tuscan Style Herb Blend and it turned out fantastic, however in a pinch you can also season with Rosemary and Thyme. You start off by pan-searing the chicken, then bake for an hour, add the sherry, bake for another 30 minutes and dinner is served! By nature, it is a very low-carb dish, approximately 1 net carb. However, if you want to add carbs to your meal it is great topped over some low-carb pasta, whole wheat pasta or rice. Give it a try tonight!
Tuscan Style Baked Chicken
3 chicken quarters, separated into drumsticks and thighs
1 large onion
6 cloves garlic
Can of diced tomatoes (pour off most of the excess liquid)
Tuscan Chicken Blend Spices (or rosemary and thyme)
Pepper and Salt to taste
1 cup sherry
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Rinse and thoroughly pat dry the chicken pieces. Pour a little olive oil in the skillet and place over high heat. Pan-sear the chicken, skin-side down, until golden brown.
- While the chicken is browning, cut up the onion into half-moon slivers, and peel and smash the garlic.
- Flip the chicken pieces. To the skillet, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and seasoning, distributing everything evenly. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 1 hour.
- Pour the sherry over the entire pan (no stirring needed, just drizzle it over everything) and roast for an additional 30 minutes.